Keep Your Floors Looking Their Best and Long-Lasting with Epoxy Coating
Epoxy coating is a great way to keep your garage floors looking their best and lasting a long time. It is a durable, non-slip surface that is resistant to wear and tear. With proper maintenance and care, your garage floor can look like new for years to come. In this article, we’ll discuss the basics of epoxy coating, how to apply it, and tips for keeping your garage floors looking their best.
What is Epoxy Coating?
Epoxy coating is a type of coating made from a combination of epoxy resin and a hardener. When mixed together, the two components create a strong, durable, and waterproof finish. This type of coating is often used for industrial and commercial applications, but it is also great for residential garages.
How to Apply Epoxy Coating
Applying an epoxy coating to your garage floor is a relatively simple process. First, you’ll need to make sure the surface is clean and free of debris. Then, you’ll need to mix the epoxy resin and hardener together according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Once the mixture is ready, you can apply it to the floor using a roller or brush. Allow the coating to dry completely before walking on it.
Tips for Keeping Your Garage Floors Looking Their Best
- Clean up spills and messes as soon as they occur.
- Use mats or rugs to protect the floor from dirt and debris.
- Regularly sweep and mop the floor to remove dirt and dust.
- Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaning products.
- Seal the floor with a clear sealant every few years.
Epoxy coating is a great way to keep your garage floors looking their best and lasting a long time. With proper maintenance and care, your garage floor can look like new for years to come. Follow the tips above and your epoxy coating will stay looking great for years to come.
Keep Your Home Looking It's Best for Spring
Months of fall and winter weather can leave your home dingy and covered with a film of dirt and dust. Renew the sparkle of your home’s exterior surfaces with a rejuvenating spring cleaning. Larlin’s Home Improvement specializes in power washing to remove loose paint, grime, mold, dirt, oil, grease, and even gum from windows, siding, sidewalks, decks, and driveways. Nothing increases curb appeal and real estate value more quickly and effectively than a thorough and revitalizing cleaning.
Power washing requires skill, care, and knowledge to protect the surfaces of your home in the power washing procedure. Larlin’s Home Improvement uses a soft-wash, hot water process for sidewalks, driveways, and patios, and low pressure on decks and fences.
We specialize in:
- Deck restoration
- Gutter clean out and whitening
- House wash and mildew removal
- Driveway cleaning and sealing
- Rust stain removal
- Pure water window washing
- Sidewalk and patio moss and mildew removal
Whether you want to remove the build-up of debris from your gutters or clean your home from top to bottom, Larlin’s Home Improvement will work with you for a pristine result.
- Arrive on time and finish on time or even early
- Provide consistently high-quality workmanship
- Take great care in protecting your home
- Provide outstanding all-in-one service, noting areas of your home that may need attention
A local, family-owned business, Larlin’s Home Improvement takes great pride in completing work to our clients’ satisfaction!
Maintain Your Home Throughout The Seasons
The change of seasons is a great signal for annual or quarterly maintenance. As we move throughout the seasons, take care of these annual tasks:
- Heating system maintenance: Schedule a handyman or HVAC specialist to tune up your system so it functions optimally. Also, change your filter and keep extra ones on hand for monthly changes. This simple process will maintain good air quality all winter long.
- Check your windows for drafts: If you feel even one draft, call your favorite handyman to replace your window! Installing a window at a relatively low cost will prevent expensive heat from escaping and keep your home comfortable.
- Examine your doors for drafts: Your handyman can install weather stripping to keep warm air in!
- Clean your gutters: When leaves accumulate, they can block water drainage, creating ice build-up and possible roof damage in winter. Take care of it now, while it’s easy!
- Weather-proof your deck: Freezing water and harsh temperatures can take a toll on your deck. Have your handyman power wash and stain your deck now for a bright, clean deck in the spring.
Your home can keep you comfortably warm and safe all winter if you take care of these annual tasks!
Keep a Clutter-Free, Liveable Basement
Basements tend to turn into oversized storage closets for out-of-season items, questionable articles (should I donate these clothes or will they fit me next year?) and pieces of furniture you plan to give your children when they head off for college. So how can you prevent your basement from becoming a catch-all? How can you not only extend your basement into part of your living space but turn it into a cozy retreat?
- Organize your storage. Segment off a portion of your basement with a screen or a wall and install shelves for storage bins. You can label these bins for easy access: Holiday Decorations, Summer Clothes, etc. Now your storage is out of sight and the rest of your basement can become a comfortable living space.
- Make sure your basement is a comfortable temperature. Cooling your basement usually does not present a problem, but basements can feel cold and clammy in fall and winter. If your basement lacks heat, a handyman can extend your existing heating system to include vents or registers in the basement. For a temporary fix, a space heater can add warmth.
- Create living areas. Use area rugs, a lamp or two and whatever furniture has traveled to the basement to create activity and relaxation centers. You might want an extra office area, a recreation area for reading or watching movies, and space for ping pong or pool.
- Use extra soft goods. To counteract the below-ground feel of basements, add pillows, soft throws and cushioning under area rugs or carpet to create comfort and coziness.
- Basements tend to have small windows. Install extra lighting to lighten up your basement and create a more inviting space.
Follow these suggestions and your own imagination to quickly create order and expand your home’s possibilities!
Keep Your Bathroom Looking New
Bathroom finishes are durable and can withstand much use. With a few tips, your bathroom finishes and fixtures will look like new after even many years:
- Let seasonal changes signal to you annual or quarterly maintenance. Check underneath the sink, around the tub or shower and around the base of the toilet for signs of excess moisture. Too much humidity will cause mold and mildew to grow. If you discover a problem, fix it before damage occurs.
- Use gentle, non-abrasive cleaners for your fixtures.
- Clean and dry your tub and shower after each use and teach your family to do the same. This practice prevents soap scum and minerals from hardening, which would otherwise tempt you to use abrasive cleaners. Keep a sponge and towel handy to simplify this cleaning procedure. Think about how inviting a clean tub or shower will feel every time you bathe!
- Stone or ceramic tile can last indefinitely, so when grout shows signs of age, simply re-grout to keep your bathroom looking new!
- Make sure humidity can escape your bathroom to prevent the growth of mold and mildew. If you notice poor ventilation, consider installing a new fan.
Follow these simple tips and your bathroom will stay fresh and sparkling!