How To's by Larlin's Home Improvement
How To: Keep Your Bathroom Looking New
Bathroom finishes are durable, and can withstand much use. With a few tips, your bathroom finishes and fixtures will look like new after even many years:
- Let seasonal changes signal to you annual or quarterly maintenance. Check underneath the sink, around the tub or shower and around the base of the toilet for signs of excess moisture. Too much humidity will cause mold and mildew to grow. If you discover a problem, fix it before damage occurs.
- Use gentle, non-abrasive cleaners for your fixtures.
- Clean and dry your tub and shower after each use and teach your family to do the same. This practice prevents soap scum and minerals from hardening, which would otherwise tempt you to use abrasive cleaners. Keep a sponge and towel handy to simplify this cleaning procedure. Think about how inviting a clean tub or shower will feel every time you bathe!
- Stone or ceramic tile can last indefinitely, so when grout shows signs of age, simply re-grout to keep your bathroom looking new!
- Make sure humidity can escape your bathroom to prevent growth of mold and mildew. If you notice poor ventilation, consider installing a new fan.
Follow these simple tips and your bathroom will stay fresh and sparkling!